Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm A TV Addict

So i have concluded that i am addicted to the TV. No seriously...i have a DVR and i am not afraid to use it! I usually don't watch TV through the day unless the kids are napping and i need to free up some space on the DVR. My TV time starts when the kids hit the bed at night. Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about here is a list of all the TV shows i record on a weekly basis!


Daily Recordings:
  • Nancy Grace
  • The View
  • Local News at 11
Sunday Recordings:
  • Desperate Housewives
  • Extreme Home Makeover
  • Rock of Love
  • Tool Academy
  • Ultimate Recipe Showdown
Monday Recordings:
  • House
  • The Bachelor
  • True Beauty
Tuesday Recordings:
  • The Biggest Loser
  • American Idol
  • Fringe
  • The Secret Life of the American Teenager
  • Law and Order: SVU
  • Nip/Tuck
Wednesday Recordings:
  • Law and Order
  • Lost
  • American Idol
  • Lie To Me (New)
  • The Real World
  • Bones
Thursday Recordings:
  • Sober House
  • Ugly Betty
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Private Practice
  • ER
Friday Recordings:
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Howie Do It (New)

Now this is just the short list as i am sure i have forgotten some shows and then there are the shows that are not on air right now like America's Next Top Model or any other show that comes on MTV or VH1.

Now i know exactly what you are thinking (besides this chick is nuts)! I do watch far too much TV! I know this and i would love to correct it but how? If i miss these shows i watch them online to catch up. They have become a intricate part of my life which is very very sad.

What has happened here is that i have became such a part of these shows that don't feel complete if i don't know what my favorite character is doing this week! Well maybe i am exaggerating a tad bit but still it is something like that.

Now as i said i don't watch this through out the day. I record it and watch it in the evenings as part of my chill out post kids relaxation routine. I think to an extent this is one of the few things i treat myself to. So maybe in a way it isn't that bad but still way out of control.

I have tried in the past to ween myself down to only a few shows but what is my day worth if i don't see the latest argument between the ladies of The View or the big fist fight between the smuts on Rock of Love? Can anyone tell me??? I am addicted and there is no rehab.

So does anyone wanna comment and tell me they are addicted too?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I am addicted to the secret life of the american teenager !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my favorite show !! I just bought season one and am going crazy every week waiting for season 2 episodes lol. I would be like you too if I had DVR I wanna get it actually wonder how much it would cost !? hmmmm