Monday, January 5, 2009

Back To Routine...Not Me Monday

So today Christmas is officially over. We head back to early mornings and drop off and pick up days. In case i have never mentioned before i am not a morning person! I am not the mom who enjoys waking before the kids to have a nice hot breakfast on the table before they rush out the door. I am not the mom who gets up before the kids to exercise. I am not the mom who warmly welcomes the kids with a bright shinny "good morning" as they roll their cranky butts out of bed at 6:30am. I am NOT a morning person.

I am the mom who gets up 5 minutes before the alarm goes off so i can turn the alarm off and wait for the kids to wake me up. I am the mom who blurry eyed and yawning drinks her coffee as her kids watch TV and eat a bowl of cereal. I am the mom who waits till the last possible moment to get them dressed and then rushes out the door to get them to school before they are late. I am the mom who is grouchy cause she didn't go to bed until way too late and got up way too early. I am THAT mom.

As the joy of the holidays pass by and we get back to normal life i dread it. My kids had been sleeping later than ever (which for me is 9am when they use to be up every morning at 7am). I had been enjoying the laziness of my days sleeping till 9 and staying in my Pj's all day unless i really had to go somewhere. I miss those days. Oh how sometimes i long to home school my kids so we could avoid the 6 am wake ups and getting dressed to rush out the door.

Now on to something way more fun.

MckMama over at My Charming Kids invites us all to share our not so bright and shinning moments in her very fun meme Not Me Monday! When you are done reading mine you can zoom on over (or crawl depending on what time it is in your zone) and read more hilarious renditions of Not Me Monday. So off we go!

I most certainly did not put the phone on silent last night causing the alarm to not go off and wake my husband up. He most certainly did not end up being 30 minutes late for work because of this. He most defiantly didn't give me the look of death as he told me he loved me and went to work. Nope wasn't me!

I did not contemplate calling the school and telling them Phabian was sick because i didn't wanna get up, how awful would that have been! I did not give my kids chocolate milk and a candy bar for breakfast cause i was so tired i mistook it for a cereal bar but by the time i realized my mistake they were praising me and it was too late to take it back...no not me...that was some other bad mom!

I did not sit on the computer staring at a blank screen for way too long this morning inevitably making us way late getting out the door. I did not drag MJ a quarter of a mile back and forth because he didn't want to ride in the stroller and i refuse to carry him. Why would any logical person do that kind of torcher.

I will not and did not come home plop myself on the couch and ignore MJ as he talked about Cars for 15 minutes. What kind of mom would do that and the blog about it...humph! I did not just turn Cars on and give MJ his blanket praying that he would go back to sleep so i could take a nap for the next 2 hours until i have to go get Phabian from school! Nope not me!

I would never plan to do nothing for the rest of the day but sit on my lazy but and read blogs, twitter, and watch endless stupid TV shows about women who's lives are far more glamorous than mine. Nope that would be a horrible plan!

Lastly i did not just write this and pray that you laugh and say omg that sounds like me. I did not pray that i don't get endless comments on my horrible parenting skills. I did not rethink this post 20 times before finally pressing the Publish Post button. Nope not me...never!

3 comments:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

I could recite the lines to Beauty and the Beast 'cause I did the same thing!!! She's now 18 and perfectly fine!!! She is more driven than I have ever been! And, she is beautiful through and through!!!

Keep up the good job!!!

Pamela in TX

@sweetbabboo said...

Those are the best kind of days and every mom needs them sometimes. Good for you for taking the day off and not feeling guilty about it. Maybe, I'll have to stay in my pajamas all day tomorrow b/c it sounds so lovely.

Brittany said...

I loved every bit of this blog !! You definitely made me smile lol ill be the exact same kind of mom as you i know it !! I hate mornings !!!!