Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day!!!


Well we have already ate at my house. We had a very juice turkey. Last night i prepped it so all i had to do was shove it in the oven this morning. I injected it with garlic butter and stuffed it with tangerines, onions, and celery. It was so moist and yummy. My hubby gave me the best compliment every by saying it was better than his mom's turkey...WHAT? Yay go me!!!! We also had stuffing, kale, mashed potatoes, and gravy made with drippings. I am mad at myself because i forgot roles but i did remember the cranberry sauce. Oh well we have another dinner to go to at 4 with his extended family. I am sure someone there remembered the rolls.
At the dinner table (or lunch table i guess you could say since we ate at noon lol) i went around the table and we all said what we were thankful for. Phabian said he was thankful for his friends Sasha and Raven and the turkey. MJ said he was thankful for mommy and told me he loved me (i know awwwwwww right). Hubby said he was thankful that his wife was a great cook lol (i know, we have so much to be thankful for and that's all he could say). I am thankful for my family and the time we have to spend together.
This morning as i was traveling between the kitchen and the living room i took time to watch bits and pieces of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as it is a tradition in my life. Just watching the kids faces light up when Santa went by is enough to make your heart melt. Oh to be a child again and be able to rejoice in my imagination and make believe characters that bestow gifts upon us for no reason lol.
So i hope everyone has and is having a wonderful holiday with their families. If ya feel up to it share in a comment what you are thankful for today. I am stuffed so i am off to take a quick nap (hubby and the kids are all ready knocked out lol) before I have to go eat again lol.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Happy late thanksgiving!!
I am thankful for my family. God. and of course My little angel in my belly hehe. Hope you ate as much as I did lol.