Wednesday, November 19, 2008


Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a great day!

As a follow up from my post titled Prayer Request i thought i would let you know how my grandma's biopsy went. She had her biopsy yesterday morning and is back home feeling well. The procedure didn't go as smoothly as they had wished. My Grandma is allergic to a lot of medication (basically anything that ends with "cilin" and a lot of other stuff) and some of the anaesthetic they use in surgeries. The did the biopsy using a sonogram which ended up not turning out as clear as they has wished for. It made the procedure run long than expect but they did finally get a tissue sample. I am not sure if they were able to remove the whole mass as i had suggested in the previous post. Because the procedure ran long the anaesthetic they use (which was something different from what they would have normally used) started to wear off during the last 1/3 of the surgery and she was very uncomfortable but not in horrible pain. She went to lunch after wards being very very sore but other than that not feeling too bad. They will get the results from the biopsy next Tuesday! So if you could continue to pray for her (Her name is Chloe for those of you who like to have a name).

Also as an update from my post Not So Happy Day about the passing of my husband's cousin. We have since found out the whole story which as that insinuated there were different stories coming from different people. He did go to the ER and they did give him 2 shots and sent him home with pain pills. He also walked to the store and back before sitting down to watch TV and passing out onto the floor. What has come to light is that his girlfriend waited 20 minutes before calling 911 because she said she did not want to leave his side. I so understand panicking but if someone passes out and has no heart beat a normal person calls 911 immediately right? I mean i have my 3 year old trained to call 911 if something like that ever happens. If my 3 year old can do it i would think a 22 year old woman could do it. Anyways to move on from that they still don't know what happened. His mom requested an autopsy which was preformed Monday and we will have the results in 10 to 15 days. The viewing and funeral is on Friday and i am sure it is going to be a sad day for us all. Drew was loved by so many and as i said before he was such a kind person. My husband went and helped clean out his apartment yesterday and brought a lot of stuff home with him (cds, pictures, and video games) that Drew's mom told him he could keep if he wanted. He still isn't talking much about it but i know that he is hurting. So continued prayers for the whole family as we try to understand and deal with this devastating loss.

i think that is it for now. I am try to wrap my mind around all of this stuff and deal with emotions. I am not good with death and my emotional comprehension kind of halts at about 15 years old. I don't know how to deal with things pertaining to loss and i never have the right words. Sometimes i come across as cold or angry and i don't really know how to fix that. It is a kind of wall i have built after my mom died to not allow me to feel that kind of pain ever again. So please pray for me to have the words i need to help my husband through this time and be strong for him if he needs me to be.

Thanks everyone for the prayers!

1 comment:

Kat said...

That is a lot of emotional stuff going on for you. Continued prayers for you and your family.