Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random Words

Ok so no real one thing to blog about. I just felt like writing so i thought i would go into one of my random writing sessions while the kids are watching a movie.

I had a weird day yesterday. Some good follow by some bad and back to some more good. My husband woke my up at 6am yesterday before he left for work to tell me that Phabian was asleep on the couch. Phabian had woken up at 4am complaining that his tummy was hurting. He seemed fine when he woke me up at 8am lol.

At about 9 am i made my very first eBay purchase. I bought a set of slightly used books for the boys. They are the hard back Disney books. There are six of them including: The Fox and the Hounds, Whinnie the Pooh, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, and some other. They are 95 pgs. long and chronicle the whole movie. These books usually cost about 20 dollars a piece. With S&H i payed $8.50; $3.50 for the books and $5.00 for S&H. I think it was a great deal and i am sure the kids will just love them.

How ever this was followed by a few bad events. My washer almost caught fire. I am not sure how this happened. I cleaned my entire house yesterday and when i finished i went and started a load of towels. When they almost finished spinning i went in to check and when i opened the door the room was filled with a light smoke. No fire anywhere just smoke. So i immediately stopped the washer. I was too afraid at the time to start the dryer so i just hung them to dry around the house.

Then i had a friend and her daughter come over for a bit today. It was nice to have someone to chat with while the kids played. We have been having toilet problems (IE the potty doesn't want to flush and you have to watch after you flush to make sure it doesn't overflow) lately and i wasn't thinking to check the bathroom after Dayle came out. Then Phabian went to the bathroom and started screaming that the floor was wet. Sure enough the potty overflowed and my whole floor was soaked. So much for my clean towels right lol.

But i ended the evening on a good not. I won a Wow Wow Wubbzy give away over at
http://www.5minutesforbooks.com/. It is a book and DVD set and i won...YAY!!!! The kids love Wow Wow and so i just know they will have a ball with the books and DVD. I am the girl who never wins anything so to win and auction on eBay and a giveaway in one day was amazing. I was just so dang excited about it.

Also as a reminder. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please remind anyone who has a history of the disease in their family or who is in the right age range to get their mammograms done. It seems like an annoying thing to do but it could very well save your life. My MIL is a breast cancer survivor and i must say i am proud to have a strong woman like her in my life. We owe these fighters and those who bravely stared this in the face and lost a cure for this disease. We need better technology and better testing. We need better meds. and better treatments. If you do nothing else this month, when you are doing your grocery shopping and see an item that you need, and the item beside it (which isn't your normal brand) has a Pink Ribbon on it...buy that one instead. This usually means they are donating some of their profits to The Susan G Komen foundation and it is one way we can all make a difference. Even if you don't know someone with Breast Cancer or some one who survived it you still need to help. Those who have daughter who might need the technology, meds., and support in the future and those who might need it in there immediate future will thank you. Cancer is not racist, sexist (yes breast cancer can affect men also), bias, or discriminatory in anyway. It could hit any of us at anytime. Take the time to do what you can. Go pink this month!!!

1 comment:

2carbkickingchicks said...

So exciting to win all those books for that price & Wow wow! I'm sure your kids will have a great time w/ that. :) Congrats.. hopefully you figure out why the washer is smoking!