Monday, March 16, 2009

Emotional Poetry

This is the poem i read at my Mom's funeral when i was 15. It was a hard thing to do but i am so glad that i did. I miss her so much and wish every day that she could be here with me and my children.

If I Could Give My Mom the World

If I could give my mom the world
Or anything she wanted,
I'd give her my own heart and soul
And leave my own heart haunted.
I'd take upon myself her life
With all its strife and pain,
And let her ease into some space
Where she could live again.

The pain for me would not be pain,
At least not for a while;
For I'd be doing it for her,
And I would see her smile.

I wish that I could take her heart
And cleanse it with my tears,
And make her sorrow go away,
And answer all her fears.

I wish, I wish, but then I can't,
As I watch helplessly,
And take her in my arms and say
I wish that it were me.

But loving is a hard, hard way,
With all the pain it brings.
And yet there is no other way
To touch the heart of things.

Nicholas Gordon

This is a poem that i wrote for my beautiful niece Nadia. I think about her all the time and wonder what she would be doing today. She would be turning 2 in August and even though i know she is in a better place, the selfish part of me would love for her to be here.

Untitled


Sweet child, you don't have to cry anymore

Sweet child, you'll get you wings and fly high above

Sweet child, your pain will be gone and your heart will mend

Sweet child, you don't have to worry

Your Mamas strong and she'll make it through the rain

And although the pain of you leaving will never fade

She will be able to make it through

All the while she'll be missing you

Sweet child, you know your Daddy loves you so

Sweet child, he is trying to get Mama through

Sweet child, you know you sisters talk to you

Sweet child they will always hold you close

Your family's strong and they'll make it through the rain

And although the pain of you leaving will never fade

They will be able to make it through

All the while they'll be missing you

Sweet child, we wish we could have know you more

Sweet child, we cant wait to see you grown

Sweet child, one day in heaven we will all meet

Sweet child, we just cant wait to see your smile

We are all strong and we will make it through the rain

And although the pain of you leaving will never fade

We will be able to make it through

All the while

Till we meet again

We will be missing you!!!


Thank you for allowing me to share this. It is going to be a hard week for me as it always is this time of the year. I will explain more later when i have more time. Thank you all for being there even if i never met you!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love them both...the one about your mother really hit home with me cause my mom is so sick.
Thank you so much for sharing these!!