Monday, March 9, 2009

My First Born

On March 8th 2005 we spent the day shopping! I was 36 weeks 6 days pregnant with Phabian. We walked around Wal-Mart for hours that day. We bought a new digital camera and a new printer. This is the picture Marcus took before i went to bed. I had just taken a nice hot shower because my back was hurting soooooo bad. At the time i thought it was just because of all the walking around but boy was i wrong.

At 4:00 am i woke up because i felt like i had peed on myself. Everyone told me that the chances of someone's water breaking was slim so i never even gave it a thought. I got up and went to the bathroom then changed clothes and went back to bed. About 4:30 i woke up again because i thought i peed on myself again but this time i knew it wasnt pee and something wasnt right. My back felt like it was in knots. I hobbled off to the bathroom again and tried to pee. This time when i wiped there was blood. I ran in to the bed room threw on the light and ask hubby to smell the tp. With one eye open he looked at me like i was insane. He humored me and said it didnt smell like pee. What i said next he wasn't prepared for.

I calmly walked out of the room and called the hospital and told them my water had broke and ask what i should do. They told me to come in after i had gotten dressed and ready. I went back into the bedroom and woke up Marcus. This time he looked a little more annoyed. I told him i was in labor and that i needed to go to the hospital. That was all it took for him to jump out of bed. He got dressed as did I and at about 7am we arrived at the hospital.

After the initial check in i was offically only 3 cm dialted and 75 percent effaced and -2 station. I was having steady contrations but they were in my back. At the time it wasnt hurting too bad, but just felt like a dull back ache. If i had only known how that would change and how i would beg for an epidural in about 3 hours or so.

By 11am i was screaming in pain! They wouldnt let me out of bed, my back was killing me and i was begging for an epidural. I had been (up till this point) addamentally against any drugs during labor. Pain will do strange things to you though, especailly when it feels like someone is ripping your spine out of your body. So at about 11:30 they got my epidural in place and all was ok with the world again.

For the next couple hours i slept on and off but the anticiaton and excitement wouldnt allow for too much rest. Hubby snuck me some chicken strips cause i was starving and they wouldnt let me eat anything. But at 2:30 i was ready to push! I told the nurse that she better get the docotor cause this baby was coming out. A few mins later Dr. Kessler came in and checked me, sure enough Phabian was crowning and i was pushing.

At 2:51 pm, exactly 10 and 1/2 hours after my water broke at home. I gave birth to a beautiful, handsome, 5lb 10oz, 18 1/2in, baby boy. He had a head full of dark brown hair. He was the most tiny thing i had ever seen in my life.
To be continued.....

No comments: