Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Meme

I got this from Elaine at The Miss Elaine-ous Life and since i don't have anything else on my mind to blog about (or because i am too busy trying to do last minute shopping take your pick) i figured i would give it a go! Feel free to play along and let me know if you post it in your blog so i can come over and read it.
*
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper it is one of my favorite parts of presents!
*
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, White, Pre-lit
*
3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving usually the first week of December!
*
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually January 2 or so!
*
5. Do you like eggnog? Not my fave but if it's spiked (wink wink)
*
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got a huge stereo system when i was like 12 it made my day!
*
7. Hardest person to buy for? Any adult IMO because adults usually have everything they need and i think Christmas is more about the kids!
*
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids who are very specific or my dad who love nothing more than the candy orange gummy slices.
*
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes but have not put it out since i had kids as it is a hand me down from my great grandma and i don't want it to get broken.
*
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Email most of them! Trying to do my part to save the world lol
*
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I appreciate all gifts...ok i will stop lying...probably the Christmas that i got all these clothes from my Grandma that first didn't fit and second look like something she would have worn.
*
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (the one with Jim Carey), Santa Baby, Holiday in Handcuffs, and oh darn it whats the name of the one about the train that picks kids up and takes them to see santa....ohhhhhhhhh....Polar Express!
*
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Today...you think i am joking...i will finish on Sunday...no really I'm not joking!
*
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Honestly i don't think so but i wouldn't put it past myself!
*
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mint Oreos, Hot Cocoa, and warm cookies straight out of the oven!
*
16. Lights on the tree? White (i despise colored lights myself but to each there own)
*
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Come All Ye Faithful, Silent Night, and Away in a Manger!
*
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Home but i traveled to Florida as a kid.
*
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, on Comet and Cupid, Donner and Blitzen (and don't forget Rudolph!)
*
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel, it was my Mom's and i have always used it!
*
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Eve at my MIL's house and Christmas at our house and my brother's
*
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic and the crazy people!
*
23. What theme or color are you using? Red and Gold
*
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Pot Luck is always what both of our families do so we get a good feel of it all but my fave things are Ham and Mashed Potatoes with Gravy!
*
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I ask hubby for a new coffee pot as mine is broken (no coffee makes for a very sad Courtney {and bitchy too})
*
26. Do you have a favorite ornament, what? Phabian just made some at school i will take some pictures and post them soon (so make sure you come back to see them)
*
27. Gifts from Santa? Wrapped or Unwrapped? A little bit of both depending on if it has to be put together or not!

No comments: