Saturday, August 16, 2008

Intro To Me

So this is my first attempt at being a blogger. I might not always have the best stories or even the longest entries but for me this will be a step in keeping tabs on my day to day life. So i suppose i should start with an intro to me.


My name is Courtney Dawn (Anderson) Dawkins. I was born February 9, 1986 in South Charleston, WV at Thomas Memorial Hospital. I was raised in Charleston, WV my whole life. When i was 15 my mom passed away of a highly malignant brain tumor. It was and is still a very hard thing for me to deal with. I miss my mother very much. More so now that i have a family of my own. I wish she was here to advise me like other mothers do with unsolicited advice on how to keep my home in order and raise my kids.




In December of 2003 I met my DH(Dear Husband) Marcus. We didn't start dating til June 5 2004 (which may i say is a point of contention with us because i believe it was the 10th lol). Shortly after starting to date we found out i was pregnant with our first child. We decided we wanted to get married so my aunts decided they wanted to pay for it. We traveled to Tampa, FL where my aunts lived and were married on November 14, 2004 in a small ceremony in my Aunt's sun room. It was the best decision of my life. We honeymooned at the Clearwater Beach and it was the start of something great.


On March 9, 2005 at 2:51pm we delivered our first son Phabian Ma'Ky Dawkins at Woman's and Children's Hospital in Charleston, WV. It was one of the most amazing day of my life. He weighted 5lbs 10ozs and was 18 1/2ins long. He had a head full of dark brown hair and the most beautiful blue eyes i had ever seen. learning to be a mommy for the first time without the guidance of my own mother has to be one of the hardest things i have ever done. I spiraled into PPD(Post Partum Depression). I took me months to admit to my friends and family that i had a problem and it took a lot of love and support to bring me out of the dark spot i was in. Phabian is now 3 and starting school in a few weeks. I don't know where the time went and how my first born grew so big but i miss those days of cuddles and snuggles and holding my baby all day. He is becoming quiet the brilliant young man and i love him more than anything could express.





In August of 05 we found i out that i was expecting our 2nd bundle of joy and on April 14, 2006 at 10:01pm we welcomed Marcus Eugene Dawkins Jr (or MJ as we call him) to our family. He weighted 6lbs 2ozs and was 18 3/4ins long. He had only a small bit of reddish blond hair and very dark brown eyes. Yet another amazing day in my wonderful life. I managed to get past with no depression that time and was so thankful for my blessings. MJ is now 2 and growing so fast. Once again i find myself asking where the time went so fast. We have one more year til he starts school and i just wont know what to do with both my boys in school and me with an empty nest.



We do plan on adding to our family but not until both boys are in school. I would love to have a little girl to add to the bunch but worry that i wouldn't know what to do with a girl after having my rambunctious boys. I am somehow sure she would end us being a tomboy anyways as i was and she would have 2 older brother to look up to.

So there it is. An intro to my chaotic life. You can imagine what my days are like for now. And i hope to be able to update you all as often as possible. I just hope that my rant, raves, vents, and rattles don't out weigh all the great moments i have with my boys on a day to day basis.

No comments: