Friday, November 26, 2010

The Day After

It is one of my favorite days.

The day after Thanksgiving.

Not because i love football.

Not because i get up at the butt crack of dawn to catch the deals.

Not because i am in a turkey induced coma.

But because it is so calm, so peaceful, and so full of nothing.

I woke up at 8 with the kids and fixed them breakfast. It is cold outside. I mean REALLY cold. It was 73 degrees yesterday and today it hasnt made it to 35.

I settled in on the couch with my babies. The baby went down for a nap. I turned on the WVU/Pitt game.

I looked over and MJ was asleep. I curled up with Phabian on the love seat.

With in minutes our breathing had synced and we were both asleep.

Those moments are why i love the day after. It is a lazy day of love, leftovers, and comfort.

How often do you get to cuddle with you older kids and take a nap in the middle of the day?

It is truly priceless!

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Sounds like a pretty wonderful day all right.