Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Football Is In Our Future







I have boys! Glorious, rambunctious, rough and tumble, boys!

With our third boy on the way, I cannot deny that I have wondered from time to time what it must feel like for others to finally be having (or have) a little girl. The pink and frilly stuff. The Mom and Daughter bonding activities. The sweetness that is sugar and spice instead of snails and puppy tails.

Then I stop and think how happy I am to be a Mommy to 3 boys! The moments I sometimes catch on film are priceless and not to say I would have never caught my little girl doing these things, but to watch my boys with their Daddy is more than warming to my heart.

Friday evening before football practice Phabian had put all his cars into a circle, and announced when ask by his Dad what he was doing, that, "They are having a football huddle"!

That is all it took for my husband to be in the floor with him lining up the cars and telling Phabian which car was playing what position. They spent 30 minutes talking about the cars and the different positions. It was a moment I couldn't let pass me by.

Later Marcus told me he use to spend hours as a kid in his room practicing his football line ups with his cars. He didn't need a play book; all he needed was what little he knew and a bunch of cars to start a game of Matchbox Football.

It was a moment i am sure I will always remember between my totally boyish little boys and there football enthused Daddy.

Yes I am a Mommy to 3 boys and I would not have it any other way.

7 comments:

Dee said...

boys are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm a mommy to two and I have testosterone surging through this house, it's great!

Liz Mays said...

Boys have energy and energy is fun!

Unknown said...

You're gonna have your own football team soon! HA!

I hope my little girl likes it too because the boys around here certainly do. You ARE blessed! : )

Marina K. Villatoro said...

I have a boy too an you know what i wouldn't have it any other way too... :)

Halala Mama said...

Me TOO! I was SO happy to find out I was having a boy. They are so much fun!

Alexandra said...

boys ARE fun!!!

but I guess you will have to have a fourth to get your girl! ;)

btw, i like your new blog look