Thursday, October 1, 2009

Baby Names Meme

Steph over at Adventures In Babywearing posted this cute Meme about baby names and i decided to participate. I love hearing how people come up with names for their kids.

1. Do you have any cultural or religious naming traditions?
Not really. I guess we have a Jr but i dont think that counts as cultural or religious.

2. Did you or your partner come to the marriage with pre-selected names?
I most definitely did but i think most women start coming up with names early on in life and just drag them around with us til we find the right man lol.

3. Did you consider the sound of the first and middle and last names together? Did this make any sad eliminations?
We most definitely did! I dont think it made any elimanations but i could be forgetting something.

4. Did you have veto powers?
Of course i did lol. I carried the baby for 9 months so i get the ultimate decision!

5. Did the baby naming cause arguments?
It really didnt for me and my husband. However i had a few good friend who thought they needed a say so and got upset when we didnt like or take their suggestions.

6. Do you think it is easier to name boys or girls?
Both are hard! Naming a child is, in my opinion, a life long choice. If you name them the wrong thing and they get picked on or made fun of later in life they can always blame/resent you for it.

7. Did you eliminate names because of people from your past or present who you don’t like or because a certain image comes to mind?
Not really for me although i tried to stay far away from common names and names of celebrities. Hubby however turned down 2 of my favorite names because of situations with people he didnt like. Kayloni and Issaih were 2 of the casulties.

8. Did you / would you survey your children to get their thoughts on the name?
I never have but my kids are only 3 and 4 and in my belly so maybe when they get older i will ask.

9. Did you tell people the name or possible names before the baby was born or were they “in the vault”?
We told everyone once they were picked out simple because i liked calling our baby by it's name as soon as we found out a gender. It helped me to connect and bond with the baby in my belly.

10. Did you use baby name books?
Actually only for Phabian's middle name. Ma'Ky which sounds like Machi/Maki/Makai was found in a baby book by my husband who wanted to shorten it to make it easier for him to spell.

Drumroll Please…What did you name your kids?
Phabian Ma'Ky
Marcus Eugene Jr
Sione' Marcellus

You are suppose to tag people but i just wanna pass it on and if you do it please leave me a comment so i can read what you wrote.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Love your names! And their spellings!

Steph