Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Never Told Anyone

I have a deep desire to live in the country.

Not like out a small tree lined lane, but really out in God's country.

I want there to be no other houses for miles. I want there to be wide open views of mountains, tree, and maybe a lake.

I want to get snowed in during the winter. Sit by an open fire place with hot cocoa and a warm blanket.

I want to be able to walk bare foot during the summer along a well worn trail. I want to smell the fresh air (even if it makes me sneeze uncontrollably).

I want to live off the land as much as possible. I want to hunt deer and raise my own cattle and chickens. I want a horse, large and graceful, to ride and be a companion and confidant.

Part of me wants the silence of no modern technology, while part of me screams are you nuts.

I want to retire to this place. Maybe when my children have their own life, their own kids.

Or maybe it is just a fantasy. A silly dream that will never be realized.

But I hope not. I pray that one day this dream can come true.


No comments: